Communo helps brands and agencies step up their hiring game.
We believe the way talent engages with employers needs to change.
For the good of the work and the good of business.
Communo is currently seeking a Lead Engineer to join our dynamic team. You are a leader, team player, comfortable working independently, and as part of a larger integrated team of specialists. You create and nurture solid relationships with key decision makers in the company, including sales, customer service/success, even the C-suite as well as the product team. You understand that the product is at the center of the business and is the user-facing means to build a loyal customer base and drive business outcomes simultaneously. The Lead Engineer works as a cross-functional team member with other key roles in the business to lead execution of projects that meet the strategic business and operational needs, within time and resource constraints. This role will be key to ensure decision-making, efficient planning and successful execution of all projects.
A lead engineer is a player AND a coach. You’ve done this before, are a hands-on engineer, implementing high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment, consistently delivering product features that drive business results. You will build and oversee a team of engineers who you will coach and mentor. You will focus on the equipment, technology, and infrastructure that make up the company’s operating system. You will architect robust, reusable systems that are not only performant and scalable but thoughtfully crafted.
Skills you will need:
- Experience with the full application development lifecycle from testing to deployment
- Uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others to do it. Through this work we have come to value the items on the left more:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Working software over comprehensive documentation.
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation.
- Responding to change over following a plan.
- Perform performance and scalability analysis as needed and updates
- Experience providing technical team leadership and mentoring developers
- Experience or willingness to learn the tech stack and tools described below
- Ability to assess and optimize existing aspects of an application to improve both performance and user experience
- Work with product designers and design frameworks to produce beautiful mobile and desktop interfaces
- Experience implementing CI/CD in a web and hybrid mobile application context
- Unit Testing
- Implementation of Application fault/error monitoring
- Excellent understanding of industry best agile practices
- Knowledge of Server infrastructure and setup
- Loves working close with the product team and senior leadership on ideation and brainstorming of new ideas or how ideas can be implemented
- Ability to coach and mentor Jr. developers
- Experience working and integrating with third party SDKs and APIs
- You can communicate clearly with, and collaborate effectively with members of the tech team, larger product team, senior leaders and other functions in a way that brings clarity and forward momentum with the product (in line with the vision)
- You’ve led product demos and are comfortable with releasing often
- You see ambiguity as an opportunity to create focus
- You are comfortable with executing lean slices of deliverables to communicate progress and create visibility
- You are a team player
- You are someone who is humble and supportive of your team
- You know how to balance quality and efficiency and can communicate trade-offs
- You value diversity and inclusion efforts in engineering and can collaborate respectfully with team members regardless of age, race, experience level, abilities, gender, and sexual orientation
Tools/Services You’ll Use:
- Tailwind CSS
- Google Cloud Platform (SQL, AppEngine, Storage, Cloud Functions, Secret Manager, Firebase Cloud Messaging, Redis, GEO API)
- Twilio Programmable Chat
- Twilio Programmable Video
- Ionic Capacitor & AppFlow
We believe that fully employed doesn’t always mean fully engaged. And that there are true rewards in working for the many rather than working for the one.
We believe that bigger teams don’t mean bigger ideas or a bigger bottom line. And that businesses shouldn’t staff for “Just in case” but rather “just in time”.
We believe it’s not about finding full time talent. It’s about finding full value. Because, when you’ve got the right person for the job, things just go better. Every time.
We believe in access over ownership. Know-how over now what?
We are a passionate community of businesses, agencies and makers. Work givers. And work takers.
We are Communo.
And we have work to do.
We think you’ll love working with us. Here’s why:
- You’ll get to work in a great environment with incredibly driven people - We’re an amazing team with whom you can foster meaningful relationships
- You are an early hire in a fast-growing startup, with ample room for career advancement
- You’ll be part of a team that is obsessed with personal and professional growth, with endless opportunities to connect with our networks and growing communities
- Along with competitive compensation opportunities, we’ll also make sure we reward you with generous vacation and benefits packages.
Communo is committed to creating and fostering a diverse work environment in which all individuals, inclusive of any race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, mental and physical ability, ancestry, or medical condition, can feel safe and fulfilled. We welcome all qualified individuals to apply and will connect with those who are chosen to proceed in the hiring process.